Friday, September 2nd, 2016
Some tips of common health problems like muscle stiffness, muscle cramps and muscle aches
- By Guest Writer |
- Thursday, October 30th, 2014 |
- 2 Comments
After a hectic schedule in our daily life, very often we feel our muscles get stiff. Even we face acute muscle cramps in our body holding for a certain amount of time and then get released automatically. In most of the cases the exact reason for muscle cramps is undefined.
There may be some reasons for it we will try to explain now:
Insufficient supply of blood – Insufficient supply of blood in some specific parts of our body like legs, calf muscles, bottom of the feet etc. can result in these kind of cramps. These cramps usually get released after a short while. Generally it occurs in the time of working in gym, or while we are asleep. Medically it is called arteriosclerosis of the extremities.
Compression of Nerves – Compression of nerves in our body may occur for some reasons like walking longer, body positioned in a certain fixed angle, lumbosacral spondylosis etc. Muscle aches, muscle cramps and muscle stiffness are generally found in these situations.
Exhaustion of minerals – Exhaustion of minerals in our body like potassium, calcium, magnesium can cause these kind of cramps or stiffness. It is also caused by diuretics, which is a substance that promotes the production of urine. So, medications which are often prescribed by medical practitioners for treatment of blood pressure, may cause exhaustion of minerals in human body.
We often suffer by muscle stiffness. It has some reasons like inflammation of muscles and joints of the body, or may have some conditions like Osteoarthritis, Rheumatic Arthritis, or muscle strain for sudden accident. Muscle stiffness can happen to any part of the body like the neck, back side of the body, hamstring, calves, hips, knees, feet etc.
Some reasons are being classified for this kind of health problem:
(1) Obesity is one of the causes which puts extra pressure on muscles and joints of our body.
(2) Injuries which occurred in the past, but not treated properly.
(3) Insulin taken in immoderate amounts.
(4) Excessive secretion of Glucocorticoid hormone, which is produced by the Adrenal Cortex (Zona Fasciculata), virtually is an after effect of mental stress.
(5) Hormonal imbalance in the body.
(6) Viral infections.
(7) Session of relaxation after having physical workout.
(1) In this situation, warming up of muscles is very important by performing toning and stretching exercises. These kind exercises are extremely helpful to overcome muscle stiffness especially after long periods of rest.
(2) People should not try to have bath with cold water when these kind of stiffness appears after long period of rest. Having a bath with lukewarm water helps to get rid of stiffness in muscles and joints.
(3) Regular exercise as a routine improves muscle tone and fitness. Gentle exercise like Yoga, Swimming, Aerobic exercises are very much beneficial in this formula.
(4) Weekly or monthly massage is a very good idea to manage the muscle tension and stress, and it can be a magical remedy to muscle stiffness sometimes.
(5) People should concentrate on healthy posture all the time, even at the time of work or at the time of relax also. Furniture like sofa, mattress, chair should be conducive to proper healthy position.
People should have hot water bag or heat pad with them for providing relief in joints or muscle aches.