Prashna Jyotish or Horashastra. Image Courtesy – http://www.astrology.ca
Father of Horashastra or ‘Prashna Jyotish’ is Maharshi Parashar. After Maharshi Parashar, various reputed scholars of astrology like Garg, Prajapati, Vaishishtha, Yaban, Makrand, Kaushik, Varahmihir. With their intensed study have modified this subject to a great extent. Parashar has introduced ‘Horashastra’ long back in 3000 BC.
Afterward one of the authentic writers on this subject was Prithujosho, son of varahamihir. In the subsequent years, this subject was expanded in the Deccan region, during those years an ancient script named ‘Ashtamangala’ earned much fame.
Approximately 1500 years back from today, Prithujasho had written a unique book on Horashastra named ‘Sathpanchashika’. There are 56 valuable formulas in total recorded in this book through which it is possible to reply correct answers of any question.
Read: Symbolism of Numbers
Below, we may discuss two processes to answer any asked questions. This process was evolved by famous astrologer of Bangaluru in South India, Dr. B. V. Raman. He has written this process in his own book names ‘The Autobiography Of A Vedic Astrologer’.
Minimum Consideration before judgment: There is a condition in Horary chart that cautions against reading the chart, because it might not be fit for judgment. A fundamental consideration is that only sincere questions should be produced.
1) Less that 3o in rising sign (ascendant), depicts a premature question. More that 27o in rising sign (ascendant) depicts a post mature question.
2) Asc. in via combusta (The area between 15o Libra and 15o Scorpio is termed as ‘Via Combusta, i.e, ‘Fiery Road’), indicates ‘not safe to judge’.
3) Saturn retrograde in the 1o of any house means matters will generally not work out well. Saturn in the 7th house depicts astrologers’ judgment may be impaired, unless the question is related to 7th house ruler, afflicted, means that astrologer will have difficulties in answering the question.
4) Moon debilitated, means that nothing will come out in the matter unless the principal significators are very strong. Moon will give successful results when it will transit Tarus, Cancer, Sagittarius or Pisces.
Read: A brief note on Gulik
5) The ascendant ruler being combust by the sun means that the native is quite worried and the astrologer may be working inadequate information.
6) If the Prasna Ascendant is movable sign – there will be changes in present situation or position. If the Prasna Ascendant is fixed sign – there will be no changes in situation. If the Prasna Ascendant is dual sign the results depend upon the degree of the Ascendant.
If the degree is nearer to movable sign the result will be changes in situation. If the degree is nearer to Fixed sign the result will be no changes in situation.
7) If there is relationship between Lagnesh and Karyesh (Lagna Lord & for which the prasna is related), Prasna will give for favourable results.
8) Lagna Lord & Moon should be in good house (1st, 4th,5th, 7th, 9th,10th houses) and Prasna Ascendant & Natal Ascendant should be in good axis for positive result.
9) Transfer or disturbances from one’s position has to be determined from the Lagna (rising at the time).
10) Success or prosperity can be seen from the 4th house.
11) Absence from one’s house is indicated from 10th house, return to his place from the 7th house.
12) If a strong malefic planet is situated in the ascendant or 7th house of then the questions is shrewed.
13) There will be hurdles in the results pertaining to the bhava where retrograde planet is posited in the prasna chart.